TRANSPORT LEARNING aims to create knowledge and capacity on sustainable transport policies and measures in municipalities and energy / management agencies of Europe’s convergence regions. It further aims to strengthen market activities on sustainable transport by integrating it in the business portfolio of energy / management agencies thus supporting the regions’ catching up economically. TRANSPORT LEARNING targets to reach a wide audience for creating a large-scale impact and in the long-run to safeguard ongoing training and education on sustainable transport. In order to achieve this, TRANSPORT LEARNING creates and implements its training and site visits. It will a) review existing best practise on sustainable transport training EU-wide b) integrate this in the creation of the project’s training c) carry out training in BG, ES, EL, HU, IT, PL, PT and RO on eight topics and sustainable transport’s most pressing needs d) set a focus on practical work by implementing practical training projects through the trainees.
- Create and implement 64 training events with at least 650 employees trained and at least 170 practical training projects implemented
- High level of knowledge on sustainable transport in Europe’s convergence regions, constantly growing number of actions and policies
- Contribution to primary energy savings and to reductions in greenhouse gas emissions in transport
- Significant number of universities and training organisations integrate some of the training content into its courses
- Well used E-learning platform and Online training resource centre