COP25 Side Event – Green Zone
Saturday 7th of December 2019, 13h-14h
Prosumers for the energy transition: Self-consumption of renewable energy by citizens, cities and businesses in Spain and Europe
Self-consumption of renewable energy by citizens, cities and businesses (so called prosumers) is a critical driver towards a more decentralized, democratic and zero-carbon energy sector in Spain and Europe. In this session, we will share the first results of the EU-funded project PROSEU (www.proseu.eu) to mainstreaming prosumers at European, national and local level. We will present our recommendations to improve the current regulatory frameworks (National Energy and Climate Plans), develop innovative business models, support participatory processes and implement successful field initiatives. Then an open debate with various stakeholders will allow to discuss collectively challenges and opportunities with the audience. Please note that the speakers will use both Spanish and English, without simultaneous translation.
- Jérémie Fosse, president, eco-union
- María Colom, directora Política Energética, UNEF
- Yolanda Picazo, Mujeres con Energía / Plataforma por un nuevo modelo energético.
- Jose Luis Garcia, Energía y Clima, Greenpeace Spain
- Lucía Dólera, APPA Renovables
- Javier Zardoya Illana, Ayuntamiento de Pamplona
- Register for side-event: https://forms.gle/EZjhoHYxUryvarjt7
- Access Green Zone: https://www.ifema.es/cop25/zona-verde
In cooperation with: