Civil society call for solidarity and a strong commitment to the ecological and social transition for resilience, energy independence and peace.
The European Environmental Bureau, SDG Watch Europe, the European Youth Movement and Solidar, together with eco-union and other European civil society networks and organisations, ask that decision-makers across the EU recognise the fundamental need to work together as never before for our common future and commit to:
- Call for immediate peace and stand in solidarity
- End all Russian fossil fuel imports and commit to accelerating the path to full independence from fossil fuels
- Ensure a socially just ecological transition away from fossil fuel and material dependency
- Resist false and short-term solutions
- Stand up for EU values and human rights globally
> Read the full statement here