10h00- 11h00 Introduction to the week and partners presentations + Event highlights and conference.
11h00-11h30 Coffee break
11h30 – 13h00 Networking activity
13h00 – 14h30 Lunch
15h00 – 18h00 Social Activity:
Ulla Taipale (FI/CAT) is art curator, researcher and artist. Her work The Other Side, installed in the historical cemetery of Poblenou, Barcelona is a literary visit to the fascinating world of bees. According to classical mythology, bees have the ability to travel between the realms of the living and the dead. A smartphone app, Arilyn, allows participants to listen to excerpts of writings from different periods that contain references to these insects. As a part of the PROGRESS program, Taipale guides the participants through the thought-provoking itinerary and our common history with bees. The Other Side was a part of Beehave exhibition of Fundació Miró, and will be exhibited in the cemetery of Poblenou until the end of the year. More about the artwork here.
10h00 – 10h30: Welcome by Alejandro González, Program Manager eco-union
10h30 – 11h00: Keynote: Green Trajectories and social equity in Cities, Isabelle Angelowski, Researcher, ICTA-UAB
11h00 – 11h30 Coffee Break
11h30 – 13h00 Plenary Session: Public health and Nature in Cities
Moderator: Carolyn Daher, ISGLOBAL
- Ulrika K. Stigsdotter, Professor, University of Copenhagen
- Wilma Zijlema, Researcher, ISGLOBALHans Keune , Research Institute for Nature and Forest (INBO)
- M. Laurent BRAY, Director of Green Spaces, Environment and Biodiversity – City of Limoges, France
- Hans Keune, Research Institute for Nature and Forest (INBO)
13h00 – 14h00 Lunch
14h00 – 15h30: Technical session I: The Scandinavian Experience on Urban Biodiversity and climate change, moderated by Forest and Landscape College, Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management (University of Copenhague)
Introduction: Climate adaption and biodiversity in urban areas in Scandinavia by Susanne and Anne Mette
Case Studies + Q/A:
Examples of different climate adaption projects in urban areas, Niels Lützen, Landscape architect
Methods to promote biodiversity structures in urban nature, Jens Lindgaard: Urban nature, from strategy to realization
15h30 – 17h00: Technical session II: Building Water Resilience systems for naturalization in Mediterranean cities
Introduction: Local and integrated water management: William Fettig, Water and Environment Engineer, project director at Orchis Ingénierie
Case Studies + Q/A
- Water management solutions as part of the urban space, Thierry Maytraud, Hydrologist Urbanist, founder of ATM
- The use of Environmental IoT. Smart watering and reduction of heat islands in cities, François Hamon, Co-founder and CEO at GreenCityZen
**The Nature City eco-forum is an independent activity included in the PROGRESS program. This is a public and free forum. Everybody that want to attend to this activity can register filling the application form until the places are covered.
9h30 – 13h30 Planning for trees (to increase and conserve) and the ecosystem services that they provide. Workshop delivered by Oliver Bühler, professor at the Forest and Landscape College, University of Copenhagen (Denmark).
- From grey to green – challenges for urban trees (growth conditions, maintenance, etc.)
- I-Tree – hard core quantification and valuation of tree ecosystem services
- Tree registration, purposes and use
- A million tree in New York
15h00 – 17h00: Technical Visit* – Barcelona biodiversity plan with focus on trees.
* Technical tour with focus on trees will include small exercise’s and discussions (Tree app, tell the trees history etc.).
Building Criteria for biodiversity and nature experience in public playground. A practical workshop working on the “Barcelona City for Play Strategy”, where participants are challenged to introduce nature experience and sustainable nature maintenance criteria when planning for new or renovated playgrounds in public park and spaces.
09h30 – 10h30 Workshop Challenge + Key concepts
10h30 – 12h00 Presentation: Barcelona City for Play Strategy + Debate
12h00 – 13h00 Visit to the site: Playground at Plaça Sant Miquel. Gothic quarter.
13h00 – 14h30 Lunch
14h30-17:00: Working group + recap from the session.
09h30-10h30: Conclusions from the Week by partners and participants
10h30 – 11h00: Coffee break
11h00-13:00: Participants case studies presentations
13h00: Group Picture + Lunch