Generalitat de Catalunya (2008). Guided school trip through the Planell d’Aigüestortes with snowshoes. Accessible at: http://parcsnaturals.gencat.cat/es/aiguestortes/visiteu-nos/galeria-multimedia
NaTur is a project aimed at generating recommendations for Protected Natural Areas managers, public institutions and stakeholders, to prevent tourist overcrowding in the Network of National Parks in Spain.
The objective of the project is to generate recommendations for the managers of Protected Natural Areas (PNA), public institutions and other stakeholders, on tourism planning in PNAs in order to prevent tourist saturation and improve the governance of sustainable tourism.
The main activities developed within the framework of the Project are:
- A technical document on the evaluation of strategies, sustainable tourism-mobility measures and the degree of tourist overcrowding, in 5 National Parks of Spain.
- A technical document on the evaluation of tourist saturation in ENP, where we identify instruments and actions to prevent tourist overcrowding and mitigate its environmental consequences.
- An informative report with recommendations for the Network of Natural Parks and other PNAs on possible strategies for conservation and management of overcrowding problems in the parks.
- National experts workshop on tourism overcrowding in PNAs.
- Dissemination and communication of the project results to all the entities of the Spanish Network of PNAs.
NaTur has been carried out with the support of the Ministry of Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge through the Biodiversity Foundation.